Dottorato di Ricerca
Presso la Sezione di Neuroscienze Cognitive è possibile svolgere un Dottorato di Ricerca in Cognitive and Brain Sciences in collaborazione con il CIMeC – Università di Trento.
Per informazioni contattare il prof. Carlo Miniussi
Post-doc position – Job description
We are a looking for a Post-doc candidate interested in exploring the brain mechanisms underlying motor planning and joint actions in a project with TMS and TMS-EEG coregistration. The project is funded by BIAL foundation and led by Marta Bortoletto in close collaboration with prof. Corrado Sinigaglia of the University of Study of Milan. The position is open at the IRCCS Centro San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli (Brescia, Italy), in the Cognitive Neuroscience Unit led by Prof. Carlo Miniussi.
The position will remain open until March 15th 2019 or until the appropriate candidates are identified and is funded for 18 months.
Applicants should have:
* A background and a PhD degree in a neuroscience-related field
* Substantial experience in TMS-EEG or EEG research
* Skills with analysis softwares concerning evoked potentials and EEG signals (e.g. EEGlab, Fieldtrip)
* Ability to code in Matlab, Python or R
* Good command of the English language (written and oral)
* Skills for teamwork in a multidisciplinary research group
Experience with advanced EEG signal processing, EEG source localization, connectivity analyses and a strong publication record are an advantage.
What we offer
* Gross salary: 23.000-27.000 euro per annum
* Excellent working environment
* Opportunity to work in a motivated, skilled, inspired and supportive group
For further information please contact
IRCCS Centro San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli
To apply, please send the following items, as ONE PDF FILE and via email to Dr. Marta Bortoletto (firstname.lastname@example.org).
* A letter of intent including a brief description of your past and current research interests
* Curriculum vitae including the list of your publication and degrees
* Names and contact information of 2 referees.
About the employer
The IRCCS San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli is operating since 120 years and has been appointed and funded as national centre of excellence in research and care by the Italian Ministry of Health since 1996. More than 4500 patients with Alzheimer’s Dementia or associated disorders and about 1700 patients with psychiatric diseases are treated each year. The research division, besides the Cognitive Neuroscience Section, includes the laboratories of Genetics, Neuropsychopharmacology, Neurobiology, Proteomic, Neuroimaging, Ethic and Epidemiology and employs about fifty professional researchers.
The Cognitive Neuroscience Unit is provided with several state-of-the-art devices necessary for the application of brain stimulation techniques (transcranial magnetic stimulation: TMS, rTMS, and transcranial electrical stimulation: tDCS, tACS and tRNS) and for the recording and the analysis of electrophysiological signals (EEG, EMG) as well as neuropsychological testing. The simultaneous co-registration of electroencephalography and TMS application is also available, field where we have been pioneers in the national research.