Post doc researcher
The Cognitive Neuroscience Unit, IRCCS Centro San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli, is seeking to recruit a post-doc to work on a project entitled “Targeting default mode network dysfunction in persons at risk of Alzheimer’s disease with noninvasive techniques” under the supervision of dr Marta Bortoletto. The project is funded by the Italian Ministry of Health, and is in collaboration with dr Michela Pievani (Laboratory of Alzheimer’s Neuroimaging and Epidemiology). The candidate will be asked to acquire and process neurophysiological and behavioural data; Administer non-invasive stimulation protocols; Administer and correct neuropsychological batteries; Take part in the preparation of research reports, scientific articles, operational protocols and other materials useful for dissemination. The position is available for 2 years with the possibility of extension for another year.
– A background and a PhD degree in a neuroscience-related field or in cognitive psychology;
– Interest in studying cortical networks and their disorders;
– Skills for teamwork in a multidisciplinary research group;
– Substantial experience with conducting experimental research, hands-on knowledge on TMS and neuropsychological evaluations;
– Documented skills in at least one programming language (preferably Matlab);
– Good command of the English language (written and oral);
Documented skills in at least one programming language (preferably Matlab);
Good command of the English language (written and oral);
Experience with in EEG method and/or TMS-EEG coregistration and a strong publication record are an advantage.
What we offer:
– Gross salary: 23.000-27.000 euro per annum;
– Excellent working environment;
– Opportunity to work in a motivated, skilled, inspired and supportive group.
please send the following items, as ONE PDF FILE and via email to Dr. Marta Bortoletto (firstname.lastname@example.org) preferably by March 1st 2020. Later applications will be considered until the position is filled.
– A letter of intent including a brief description of your past and current research interests;
– Curriculum vitae including the list of your publication and degrees;
– Name and contact information of 2 referees that have given availability to be contacted.
For further information please contact:
IRCCS Centro San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli
About the employer:
The IRCCS San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli is operating since 120 years and has been appointed and funded as national centre of excellence in research and care by the Italian Ministry of Health since 1996. More than 4500 patients with Alzheimer’s Dementia or associated disorders and about 1700 patients with psychiatric diseases are treated each year. The research division, besides the Cognitive Neuroscience Section, includes the laboratories of Genetics, Neuropsychopharmacology, Neurobiology, Proteomic, Neuroimaging, Ethic and Epidemiology and employs about fifty professional researchers. The Cognitive Neuroscience Unit is provided with several state-of-the-art devices necessary for the application of brain stimulation techniques (transcranial magnetic stimulation: TMS, rTMS, and transcranial electrical stimulation: tDCS, tACS and tRNS) and for the recording and the analysis of electrophysiological signals (EEG, EMG) as well as neuropsychological testing. The simultaneous co-registration of electroencephalography and TMS application is also available, field where we have been pioneers in the national research.